- Contributing to the Development of Hong Kong into a Global Fintech Hub, RGC Theme-based Research Scheme, (HK$18,593,000), Co-Investigator, 2018.
- On Temporal Aggregation of Some Non-Linear Time-Series Models, RGC-GRF (HK$513,216), Principal Investigator, 2017.
- Investment Pattern and Performance of Mandatory Provident Fund Scheme Members: A Historical Administrative Record Analysis (HK$336,390), Co-Investigator, Public Policy Research (PPR) Grant, 2016.
- D. Wang, and W.S. Chan (2022), “Backcasting Mortality in England and Wales, 1600-1840,” North American Actuarial Journal, 26(1), 102-122.
- W.S. Chan (2022), “On Temporal Aggregation of Some Nonlinear Time-Series Models,”
Econometrics and Statistics, 21, 38-49.
- A.J. He, J. Qian, W.S. Chan and K.L. Chou (2021), “Preferences for Private Long-term Care Insurance Products in a Super-Ageing Society: A Discrete Choice Experiment in Hong Kong,” Social Science and Medicine, 270, 113632.
- Y.Z. Tian, M.L. Tang, W.S. Chan, and M.Z. Tian (2021), “Bayesian Bridge-Randomized Penalized Quantile Regression for Ordinal Longitudinal Data, with Application to Firm’s Bond Ratings,” Computational Statistics, 36, 1289-1319.
- F.W.H. Chan, W.S. Chan, and J.S.H. Li (2020), “How Much Is A Leg Worth in Hong Kong? Proposal for Reforming,” Hong Kong Law Journal, 50(3), 983-1004.
- J.S.H. Li, Z.Q. Zhou, X. Zhu, W.S. Chan, and F.W.H. Chan (2019), “A Bayesian Approach to Developing a Stochastic Mortality Model for China,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A, 182(4), 1523-1560.
- K.C.K. Cheung, W.S. Chan, and K.L. Chou (2019), “Material Deprivation and Working Poor in Hong Kong,” Social Indicators Research, 145(1), 36-66.
- K.C.K. Cheung, W.S. Chan, K.L. Chou, and M.K.W. Lau (2018), “Evaluating the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Hong Kong Welfare Programs in Reducing Child Poverty,” Children & Society, 32, 481-491.
- J.S.H. Li, W.S. Chan and R. Zhou (2017), “Semi-Coherent Multi-Population Mortality Modeling: The Impact on Longevity Risk Securitization,” Journal of Risk and Insurance, 84(3), 1025-1065.
- Financial Mathematics for Actuaries [with Y.K. Tse], Third Edition, World Scientific Publishing
- Personal Injury Tables Singapore 2021 - Tables for the Calculation of Damages [with Chan FHW
and Li JSH], Sweet & Maxwell Asia, 2021.
- Personal Injury Tables Hong Kong 2019 - Tables for the Calculation of Damages (Fourth Edition)
[with Chan FHW and Li JSH], Sweet & Maxwell Asia, 2019.